Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Choosing not to be beaten

I know that the path to healing is accepting responsibility for myself. I in no way intended for my husband to feel that I thought he was the root of my unhappiness.

Two things have helped me through this day. My daughter and spending time with my friends and her kids.

I thank God that we never have to feel alone even when that is what we sometimes feel like choosing.

It was hard to get myself up and out of the house but I did it. In the same way I know that even though I feel like this depression is covered with a mystery of fog it will be blown away.

Tomorrow, I will change my hair colour and update my hairstyle. I will exercise and drink lots of water. I will make positive choices of ME.

5 comments:

Diane said...

It's always hard to put yourself first when you are a mom and a wife. Too often we think it's selfish to put time aside for ourselves.

Can't wait to see the new color and style. Maybe it'll inspire me to do the same.

The World In The Eyes Of Brothers said...

Look to the future, don't dwell on the past

Anonymous said...

I hope you are beginning to get a handle on your medical problems. It is very difficult to deal with without a diagnosis. Good luck.

Le Butterfly said...

Thank you Brain. Once I got my mind on track, I feel like I have won half the battle.

Anonymous said...

Great choice, Simone :) And don't ever forget that there is ALWAYS a choice ;)
DanniL
www.she-essence.com/forum