Friday, July 06, 2007

I choose

I have chosen the title of this blog entry from the song I choose by India Arie - I have not heard the song yet. I do find the lyrics very appropriate to my thought patterns at the moment.

I have been struggling with a sense of dissatisfaction and brooding unhappiness. Just there under the surface waiting to erupt. Nothing particular right or wrong. Every now and again probably at least once a year I become upset with myself because there is nothing in particular that I really feel passionate about. I don't feel like I am living and experiencing life to its fullest.

I remember being a teenager and complaining to my mother that I was not good at anything - I cam e second in class, second or third in the sports I played and I didn't even have a boyfriend!

I have complained about the number of different courses that i have studied, now I teach many different subjects but I don't feel like I am expert in any.(Reminds me of a song in Fiddler on the Roof - a little bit of this and little bit of that.......).

Last I decided on a project I would do this year - I was very excited about it but somehow things have not fallen into place and I don't feel like i am in control - its all fallen flat on the ground.

Can safety and passion exist in the same room or are they mutually exclusive?

Self-empowerment

Setting Personal Boundaries

Setting Boundaries appropriately
Post a Comment