Friday, July 06, 2007

I choose

I have chosen the title of this blog entry from the song I choose by India Arie - I have not heard the song yet. I do find the lyrics very appropriate to my thought patterns at the moment.

I have been struggling with a sense of dissatisfaction and brooding unhappiness. Just there under the surface waiting to erupt. Nothing particular right or wrong. Every now and again probably at least once a year I become upset with myself because there is nothing in particular that I really feel passionate about. I don't feel like I am living and experiencing life to its fullest.

I remember being a teenager and complaining to my mother that I was not good at anything - I cam e second in class, second or third in the sports I played and I didn't even have a boyfriend!

I have complained about the number of different courses that i have studied, now I teach many different subjects but I don't feel like I am expert in any.(Reminds me of a song in Fiddler on the Roof - a little bit of this and little bit of that.......).

Last I decided on a project I would do this year - I was very excited about it but somehow things have not fallen into place and I don't feel like i am in control - its all fallen flat on the ground.

Can safety and passion exist in the same room or are they mutually exclusive?

Self-empowerment

Setting Personal Boundaries

Setting Boundaries appropriately

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think safety and passion can exist in the same room...or same person. I have both and I think they provide a level of balance that others might miss if they only have one or the other. If you're feeling like one is lacking, maybe focus on that for a while or nurture something new. Most of all, trust your instincts and unique personality. There is only one you and that means you bring something new and great to this world!

Anonymous said...

I can so sympathise with you ... the only difference is I feel like this nearly every other week. At least it takes you twelve months!!!

HUGS and more hugs ... the feeling will soon pass and you'll feel content and in control all over again.

Mich said...

I'm so glad you've joined us at Rainbow Dreams!

I post each Monday with a challenge or exercise that makes us look deep within.

Half of the group are also doing a 21 day e-course (which is free) with Gayla Maxwell which helps to discover who we are at our core.

Love & light
mich
x.