Friday, May 18, 2007

My Sister's Keeper

I have just completed reading My Sister’s Keeper. My friend Claudelle has become my library this year. She has bought about 3/4 of Jodi Picoults books. I have read The Plain Truth and Vanishing Acts.

Keeping the Faith is next book of hers that I would like to read.

Initially was not really interested in reading any of the books. The Plain Truth was the only one she passed onto me that I immediately started reading. I find that I have to get into a specific mood, then once I start reading I wonder why I took so long to get to the book. I am surprised that I find it interesting. It might have something to do with my aversion to reading popular authors.
From a young age I would rather choose self-help, religious and unknown authors to read (except for the book series Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew - very few of my friends read them).

You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer

Your ideas are very strange, and people often wonder what planet you're from.
And while you may have some problems being "normal," you'll have no problems writing sci-fi.
Whether it's epic films, important novels, or vivid comics...
Your own little universe could leave an important mark on the world!



No comments: