Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wired (Head or Tails)

Bet ya can't guess...?


Wired…



Too wired to sleep,


Too wired to wash my Jeep,


Too wired to even weep,


Though out of me you won’t hear a peep…



Acquired through the mail,


Required is a scale,


Attired in bright white,


Inspired by its use…



So little as to be quite selfish,


Not made from a shellfish,


Surprisingly got my wish,


Best if kept in a Petri dish…



Can’t sleep, not tired,


Back to saying I am thoroughly wired,


Still will get today a great deal done,


Hey its 7am and I can see the first rays of the sun…


© ed ~ 9/5/05

11 comments:

anthonynorth said...

An upbeat ending, there. Enjoyed both the words and pic.

smarmoofus said...

I had a momentary freak-out on Thursday night when I was doing a room-makeover and got to the bit with rearranging my entertainment center... my spaghetti wires in back wasn't quite as bad as your picture, but it felt like it. It stressed me out!

Love your lines. Get some sleep, though.
-smarmoofus

Gill said...

I'm about to tag you, so pop over to my blog okay :-)

Gemma Wiseman said...

A funky fun poem and that last pic of wires is certainly "wired"!

Hootin Anni said...

Nooooooooooooo thanks!!! I wouldn't even DREAM of touching those wires!

My gosh....that's scary Simone! Great photo for the week's prompt.

Kim said...

That photo reminds me of my father's old office. Wires and plugs were everywhere! Absolutely annoying. :) Thanks for sharing this Tuesday! When you get a chance, take a look at my HoT.

Anonymous said...

Creative entry! The pic freaks me out though! And no I would not touch that many wires!

My entry for HOT is here

Stop by if you have a moment :)

Barb said...

I'm a bit wired (overwhelmed) too.. but last night I made a list of things I needed to do today. Even simple things like take my meds and feed the pets.

Spending time blogging wasn't on the list. :P

Tumblewords: said...

And a whole day ahead! Neat words... Are you tired now? Great photo and post!

Forgetfulone said...

OMG! All those wires! I relate to being too wired to sleep. thanks for stopping by.

Berni said...

Gosh how could any one fix something like that