Monday, October 20, 2008

Two thumbs up for Nando's Belfast


Nando's is a South African franchise that does Portuguese styled peri-peri- chicken and more.


I was taken there for my birthday and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. It tated exactly like home and the service was great. They had the friendliest Northern Irish waitresses.


Spur, Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC and MacDonalds - all these have been different in some way. KFC and Mac Donalds have been the closest to what i know and like. A family member of mine is in the franchise business. He told me that franchises tend to use local products and sometimes make slight changes to their reciepe and menu to meet locals taste.


So I was not hoping for too much when I visited Nando's. I loved the layout of the resturant as well. It was quite busy, so I think the local people enjoy it too. Well done Nando's - thank for a great Birthday meal and a taste if home.


Nando's is also well known for their spicy adverts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Simone! Good to know that Nando's is doing good over there and representing for SA.

Anonymous said...

Heheh, good information, I´m now really hungry!