Monday, October 06, 2008

Baking and Crafts

I completed my daugher's slippers, I posted the the Two needle Slipper pattern here.
The photo is below.



I made cup cakes for Sabbath School - I the children to decorate as "angle wings"
And then I got them to stick together paper puppets for the Children's story in Divine Service.
It worked out very, very well.



These are the scones I made last week. It is the first scones that I have baked that I am totally happy with. Recipe:

500ml (280g) cake flour
15ml Baking powder
2ml salt
75ml caster sugar (I used normal sugar because I didn't have the other)
65g margerine or butter
1 egg
125ml milk

Method:
1. Sift dry ingredients together. Add sugar
2. Rub margarine into dry ingredients until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mix egg and milk together and add. forms a soft, but not sticky dough (I added a little flour to make it less sticky) 3. Shape as desired and place onto a greased baking tray or into a muffin pan. Bake in a preheated oven 200C or 400 F for 12-15 minutes
4. Serve with honey, syrup or jam and cream. I love it hot out of the oven with real butter!




Friday night's supper was the South African traditional dish Melkos. I also made apple crumble for PotLuck with the cooking apples I was given. First time ever - it was a success.




Apple Crumble recipe: http://www.cookuk.co.uk/cake/apple-crumble-recipe.htm
With step to step photo guide on how to make it.

No comments: