Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mixed Messages

I have been trying to figure out what I really want to do. I know that I want to be healthy, fit and happy. But what does that really mean?
Different ideas and thoughts have been running through my head, some positive and some not so positive.
Yesterday, I made an effort to ask questions about a possible new direction. Then today I got the message that the subject that I no longer wanted to teach will be taken away from me for next year.
Now, I feel confused. I realise that I have not been patient and asked both questions/desires. Do I stay where I am and hope that things will really be changing for the better, or do take a step in a new direction (possible financial uncertainty).
My daughter starts school next year, my husband seems to be happy with where he is at the moment, its just me.
The message I keep getting from all directions is that I must just set mind at it and I will achieve it. So what is holding me back? My past experience tells me I can achieve.

I stood on Monday in front of a group of teens. I told them that life is not so hard. It is not so complicated. It is is beautiful and God wants us to have life and have it more abundantly. We can have fun. I know that I was talking to myself. I hope that they got the message. The real question is - Did I?

No comments: