Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Heads: Fool

Meme/Game: Heads or Tails by Skittles

I have been caught once. It was a few years ago - 1999, I remember because I was working as a tempt at Telkom and I got married later on that year.

It was a newspaper article about approved name changes to roads and monuments in the City of Durban and Pietermaritzburg, as well as structural changes to our national monuments. Still a very sensitive issue in our Country. Oh we got so upset and then the radio confirmed the Newspaper reports. I think most of the morning went on like that before someone realised that it was the 1st of April.

Here is an interesting fact - no joking.

"In 1903 the Town Council invited architects to submit designs for a new town hall. The winning design was submitted by Stanley G. Hudson who was inspired by the City Hall of Belfast, Northern Ireland and replicated it. On completion in 1910 it was considered a 'very bold and progressive design'." from eThekwini

Another reason i should feel at home if I move to N. Ireland.


3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh wow.. I wonder how many people fell for that joke!

Raven said...

Interesting joke... I suppose on one level if it was a volatile issue, something like that could ultimately defuse the overall tension. Funny.

Misty DawnS said...

Wow - I bet that one got a LOT of people!

Hope you had a great April Fools day.