Monday, April 21, 2008

Direction?

Head or Tails by Skittles

Direction. This word conjures up memories of getting lost. Being too scared to ask for directions and then getting to the point of desperation that I finally build up the courage to ask and then I can't find anybody to ask or if I do they still cannot help. In the end I go on pure instinct and faith and eventually find my destination.

This happened to me when I was walking and when I was driving. In South Africa and in USA.

The next thing that comes to mind is decision making.Which way do you go? Left or Right?






You Are 35% Left Brained, 65% Right Brained



The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.

Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.

If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.

Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.



The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.

Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.

If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.

Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I used the live on the other side of the continent and my lack of ability to discerne north and south on this side of the country has left me bushwacked more than once so I can really empathize with your post :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I can identify with this one! For some reason it does not bother me to go into a gas station and ask directions, but I would die before I asked a stranger on the street! Go figure.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I did the quiz and I'm 50/50. Happy HoT!

Le Butterfly said...

I forgot to add that my host dad in the States - told me that it was really great that I got lost. Now I new the area better.(I rolled my eyes still trying to recover from the whole experience - thank goodness the two boys slept through the whole event)

His words turned out to be true!

Rebecca said...

I like your take on the theme. It reminds me of how whenever I'd be travelling with my sister and we weren't sure whether to go right or left we always went right, "because you can't go wrong when you go right" I know, silly conservative pun. But the ONE time we didn't go right we ended up getting lost. ;-)

Happy HoT! :)

Oh, and hey, fun quiz, turns out I'm 50/50 :-0

Juliana RW said...

the second sign is funny ;)

Will you visit mine Thanks

ShannonW said...

I don't like getting lost. It leaves me in a "up in the air" state of emotions.

I took the Left Brain/Right Brain test...I am 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained.

storyteller said...

Interesting use of signs to make your more serious points! I did something similar at Small Reflections for my HoT … though in a much more ‘playful’ manner … definitely getting carried away ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Fun quiz. I'm 40% left-brained. I love getting lost, if I have the time for it. :)

Barb said...

I got this result..

You Are 55% Left Brained, 45% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

Tumblewords: said...

Nice post! The signs are great and your prose is informative and well done!

Anonymous said...

You Are 45% Left Brained, 55% Right Brained ... Gee, that's why my ex used to say I was "Right outta my mind!" LOL! I love to find that road less traveled! Nice post!

Unknown said...

Wonderful post for this week's theme.
Mine is up @ The Cafe if you wish to pop by.

Linda said...

Great post for today. I seem to panic when I'm lost.

Inspiration Alley said...

Very thought provoking.

Misty DawnS said...

I am absolutely horrible with directions. I have to have it written down or have a map - or I go into a panic.