Tuesday, March 06, 2007

In the pursuit of Happyness

I found these words in an old journal of mine.

I am not sure if I copied it from somewhere or wrote it myself.

We are our own oppressors
shackle bearers
the only sovereign who holds
the key to freedom

Yet we hesitate
to turn the lock
to step out into the world
its cold and scary outside

safe but painful inside

I am attending a workshop on the Six Pillars of building Character. The knowledge
is by no means knew to me but the vehicle of delivery is. Its interesting.

The reality is that character building is a life-long pursuit makes me wonder if anyone is ever truly qualified to teach it.
On the other hand if we are students of life, we are also all teachers as well. So we teach and learn together.

What does that mean to me right now in my life? I will not let myself slip into a depression.
I power and the ability to make a choice to be present in my life and in the lives of others.
This choice is not once off for me - like a recovering addict I need to take one at a time.
I need to wake up every morning and consciously choose to be happy.

I am looking forward to tomorrows session.

No comments: