Thursday, March 22, 2007

Celebrating Mensturation

"Honoring menstruation is important because it empowers you, and it says you are special. It is important for the women of today to begin to change the message of menstruation for the women of tomorrow. If we don't do it, no one will," Rache'l said.

Menstruation is one of the natural life cycles in our lives. I never really felt bad or inhibited by my cycle, but I never saw it as a blessing either. So when I went onto the mirena, I enjoyed the fact that I did not have a menstrual cycle - it was a nuisance.

Last year I began a journey of reconnecting with myself. I realised that my menstrual cycle would help me understand certain aspects of myself better. I was also aware of the fact that it would take a while before my body returned to its natural state.

Well, its been almost 5 months since the Mirena has been removed. At the of November I experienced a light 3 day period. In the beginning of February I felt like I was pregnant - went to doctor and he gave me a clean bill of health.Then nothing until the end of February. Now I have had a light cycle for 30 days...
Think its time for me to see a doctor.

BUTTERFLY QUOTES

"Butterflies are self propelled flowers".
~~ By R. H. Heinlein~~

"Butterflies count not months but moments
and still have time enough".

"Happiness is a butterfly,
which when pursued
is just beyond your grasp...
but if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you".
~~By Nathaniel Hawthorne.~~

"Happiness is like a butterfly,
the more you chase it,
the more it will elude you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
it comes and softly sits on your shoulder".
~~By Nathanial Hawthorne.~~

For more Butter quotes and poems go to ELAINE'S BUTTERFLY PAGE

No comments: