Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ladies night out


Some lesson we learn the hard way. And it is the second time in the space of 12 months that I am learning it.
Don't trust advertising by cinemas, theatres and other entertainment places. Always phone to find out if what is being advertised, is exactly as stated. Make sure you are talking to the right person and ask questions even if they sound silly.

So what am I going on about? the Nu Metro 80's night was sold out - apparently booking was essential - ("You buy your ticket to a Girls' Night Out preview exactly as you would buy any other movie ticket - at Computicket, through our website or at the cinema."). I guess I was silly to think I could turn up there on the night and get tickets as I would for any other movie.

As my students would say - "My Bad"

Claudelle, Ruth and I however enjoyed some shopping, supper at the Food Court and dessert at Lino's Bakery (divine cake - poor service). It was great to be out without the kids and to catch up with my girlfriends.


Post a Comment