Friday, February 16, 2007

Dealing with failure

What keeps us from accomplishing our goals and dreams?
Most of us have a picture of what we would like to be, what we want to accomplish, how we would like to feel and look. But real life gets in the way of reaching those goals, and its life’s daily events that keep us from living that idealized life.

I wanted to keep to a new diet but have failed hopelessly. I suffered with headaches and one night with no sleep (work stress). Started a part-time job this week. This threw my whole schedule out of wack and I just could not keep track.
My hayfever and sinuses were also acting up. The end result was that I exercised 3 times this week and only kept to my diet plan for 2 out of 5 days.
But I will not give up - I must just plan how to re-adjust to my new situation.

"People are like stained
glass windows. They
sparkle and shine when
the sun is out - but when
the darkness sets in their
true beauty is revealed
only if there is a light
from within."


Elizabeth Ross

"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God
who is sending a love letter to the world."
- Mother Teresa

"If you want to know the secret of good health,
set up home in your own body, and start loving
yourself when there."
- John W. Travis, M.D
.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Just make one change at a time. Too often we have great intentions to do everything we should be doing "STARTING RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!" Just think of it in steps instead of all or nothing.

Start just one thing like maybe exercise 30 minutes a day. Or eatting 3 servings of veggies a day. Or one less piece of bread.

Make your one change for 2-3 weeks and then add another change.

Le Butterfly said...

You are so right.

But I always get so tempted to go for the quick fix. The tight way always seems to take so long !.

But I am back on track.