Sunday, November 30, 2008

Swap Internet Links for Thanksgiving

Just something you're thankful for that you find on the net. Swap-bot Swap.

I am thankful for the following things in no particular order:

1. Facebook : Allowing me to meet with old friends and colleagues, stay in contact with family and past pupils. Play games like Word Twist and send of cards and virtual gifts and thoughts.

2. SynthaSite: Allowed me to explore website building and presenting my swaps for FREE and its easy.

3. Slide.com: Its a fun way to present photographs, sometimes add music and gives different codes to put on facebook, blogger or websites. Example.

4. Scale Junkie's Healthy You Challenge: This year will be the first time in the last 7 years that I am ending the year 5kgs lighter instead of heavier. the support and advise from these ladies have been great.

5. I love the fact that whenever I am looking information I can just google it - but Google Docs has also been a useful tool.

6. List's of 100 : “The List of 100 is a powerful technique you can use to generate ideas, clarify your thoughts, uncover hidden problems or get solutions to any specific questions you’re interested in. ” Luciano Passuello - This has helped me in so many ways...... Thank you Jennifer for taking the idea one step further.

7. 3 South African Bloggers that I have met over the internet - they inspire and encourage me. I really appreciate their friendship and enjoy reading their blogs. Addie, Gill and Hanlie.

Addie’s Random Ramblings

GILL's JOTTINGS

Fertilehealthy


8. My favourite memes - keeping thinking, growing, experimenting etc..... I love that I get comments from other participants and love to see what they come up with.

Wordless Wednesday - photography
Heads or Tails - sometimes reflective, creative, funny, challenging etc.........
Free Association- self-discovery

9. I love that I can find pattern and get advise on knitting and other crafts. Two Needle Sleepers,

10. i love that I can find detailed recipes and sometimes even step by step instructions on how to make something. Apple Crumble, Other recipes including Roti

4 comments:

LMLogan said...

I really like your blog! :) very artsy and creative! cute quotes and cool pics!

Hanlie said...

That is so sweet! Thanks Simone! I have to agree, the support of the HYC has been amazing. This is also the first year in more than a decade that I weigh less at the end than at the beginning!

Have a great December!

Anonymous said...

Here's a new site I'm thankful for: Artfire.com it's an awesome new arts and crafts site with some amazing handmade items listed. Check it out! It's a good feeling to shop for the holidays online and from unique crafty folks, too.

Anonymous said...

I was busy catching up on blogs when I came across this post. Glad to know that I am an inspiration to you. And I can say the same about you especially now that you are so far away from home ... you do so much in Ireland and keep busy just as if you were back home ... more then I would have been able too.

Happy Holidays, Simone!!!