Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Melkkos



Melkkos (Milk Food) is a staple in South Africa -
rich and hot, best enjoyed on a cold winter's night
as a dessert or light meal.

SERVES 3 -4

Ingredients

  • 2 liters milk
  • 300 ml cake flour
  • 5 ml salt
  • 15 ml margarine or butterr
  • cinnamon sugar

Directions

  1. Sift the flour and salt together and rub in margarine/butter.
  2. Bring milk to the boil.
  3. Add flour mixture to milk and beat.
  4. Lumps will form but keep stirring well!
  5. When lumpy, cover with lid and simmer for 5- 8 minutes, until cooked.
  6. Serve hot with cinnamon sugar

4 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Hmmm, sounds good. I may try it!

onlyincambodia said...

Wow, that looks and sounds delicious. I'll have to post a link on my Kitchen Surprises blog. I've got to try it myself!

Nikki - Swap Bot
onlyincambodia

Kathy said...

OOOO sounds good. Can you fix me up a boul and bring it over (ha ha)

646-204 said...

This is one of my favorite dishes to eat in winter, I love it man.