Monday, February 25, 2008

Fight or Flight response

I am sure you have heard of this term before. I think just about everyday this response within us is challenged. When we experience this challenge intensely or it becomes overactive we become very stressed which could lead to a breakdown physically or mentally or both.

How do you deal with it when it gets intense? Life with out a little stress , a challenge is boring.......but when you are faced with making adjustments and changes at every single turn, in every single area of your life, then it gets a bit overwhelming.

Personally I am still figuring out what works for me. Its seems to change from year to year, from situation to situation. Sometimes rephrasing my thoughts is all I need to do, other times I need to take a time out (go for a walk, listen to music etc.)..........

I think the most important lesson I have learned so far is that the world is not going to come to an end if I slow down or do not complete a specific task. I am human, I am not perfect. I am essentially good and I am trying my best.

So sometimes I need to fight, other times I need to run away and other times I need to check my thoughts and make sure I am not blowing things out of proportion (in that case all I need to do is be still).
Post a Comment