Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Interview with Nicole Graham

Interview with Nicole Graham, Business Goddess of Journals for Empowerment

Today we welcome Nicole Graham of Journals for Empowerment. Nicole is the co-author and co-publisher of the guided writing journal, Journal for the Modern Goddess.

1. Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Sydney, Australia however I’ve not lived there for the past 9 years. I moved from there in 1999 and have lived in Melbourne, Darwin (in Australia) and now I live in Hong Kong with my husband and 2 furry cats.

2. How long have you been writing?

I found that when I moved from Australia to Hong Kong that I really started to enjoy writing. I have been keeping journals on and off for years, and it really depended on what I was going through at the time as to how much I wrote. The move to Hong Kong found me writing about my experiences in a new culture, as well about our adventures on our travels. I started a personal blog to keep family and friends up-to-date, and have been blogging ever since. I still journal as this is more personal and for me only.

3. Why did you decide to create this journal?


My initial desire started with creating a cost effective journal that would inspire me to write in it. Living in Hong Kong I found it difficult to find a nicely covered writing journal that wasn’t overpriced. I then thought maybe I could create my own and sell them through my online store, www.moderngoddessgifts.com. This is when I contacted Tara to talk about using her paintings in her online gallery www.nirvanavisions.org as covers of the journals. From there we brainstormed and realised that we both had a passion to create beautiful, inspiring writing journals that empowered women.

4. How has creating this particular journal affected your life?


I’m so proud of what Tara and I have achieved. We started from an idea and have created a beautiful journal. On a more personal note, publishing the journal is just more evidence that when I set my mind to something and I allow the Universe to support me, I can achieve great things. It has given me the confidence to step out of my comfort zone and trust that the Universe will conspire to help me move forward and grow. It has given me faith that I can work with another person to bring such an empowering project together.

5. What do you do for fun?

There are a couple of things I really enjoy... spending time with my husband out and about in Hong Kong, travelling and we’re very blessed to be able to do this, spending time with the girls either out or at book club, painting, reading and photography.

I also enjoy my time watching fun, romantic comedies... I’m a sucker for romance.


6. Do you have any special offers for those reading this interview?


Yes! We are currently on our Virtual Book Tour promoting our journal, Journal for the Modern Goddess. Followers of the tour can enter our competition to win a Meditation Kit consisting of a ‘How to Guide’ to Meditation, a pack of incense sticks, gratitude /meditation beads, 5 Goddess affirmation cards, an amethyst gemstone (the stone of meditation). To read more, visit our Competitions page - http://www.journalsforempowerment.com/virtual-book-tours/competitions/

Simone, thanks for interviewing me and being one of our hosts for our virtual book tour.


Nicole Graham and Tara Spicer are currently on a virtual book tour promoting their recently released writing journal, Journal for the Modern Goddess.

About the Journal for the Modern Goddess:

This beautiful hard covered, spiral bound writing journal helps women uncover the beautiful, unique and powerful Goddess that they really are.

The journal features 6 coloured inserts with inspirational quotes, guided questions, affirmations and 204 lined pages for journaling. The coloured inserts divides the journal into sections - Gratitude and Happiness; Moving Forward; Dreams and Visions; Journal Pages; Guided Meditation; and Sanctuaries and Sisterhood.

The companion guided meditation CD features 3 tracks that provide women with sacred journeys that inspire and encourage them to create positive life patterns. These tracks help them to recognise and invite magic, inspiration and loving energy into their lives.

The journal retails for $34.95 AUD including GST.

To view or purchase the journal, please visit Nicole and Tara’s website, Journals for Empowerment. Please click on the banner above this blog

The next stop on our virtual book tour is over at Diva Promotions where we are talking to Emma’s readers about ‘Working with Affirmations’. Emma’s blog is http://divapromotions.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Simone for being one of our hosts. Blessings, Nicole