Monday, March 24, 2008

Emerging Once Again



What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
the Master calls a butterfly.
Richard Bach (quote 7 from Crytalinks)

Its been a hectic two weeks. In between I have been reading a lot, spending time with family and rethinking the direction my life will be taking.

I am at a crossroad with major changes taking place at the moment and on the horizon.

I am adjusting to wearing one hearing aid. My menstrual cycle problems have not been resolved despite the two courses of treatments completed - now i need to decide whether to give a my body more time and maybe look for an alternative treatment or to just go to the gynae and let him put on the pill ( I truly hesitate).

We have entered a different stage of the process for applications for working visa's to Ireland. I need to start wrapping things up at work and home and at the same time things could still go wrong and could end not going. Not sure if I mentioned it earlier but my husband has gotten the job in Northern Ireland.

2 comments:

jennhx said...

Dear Simone, I'm sorry your health probs are continuing. I highly recommend trying acupuncture and Chinese medicine for menstrual problems. I was having a lot of problems in that realm, and my acupuncturist was the one who truly helped me. I was hesitant to go back on the pill which my MD was recommending, because I always had very bad side effects with those.

If you haven't experienced acupuncture before, don't worry -- it's not at all like getting a shot, so don't think needles. My cycles have been completely regulated. Now I just take a multivitamin plus a GLA supplement. The GLA supplement wound up making the biggest difference for me - it is from borage oil, evening primrose, or another oil I forget the name of. Your practitioner will know what to do for you.

Most of all try to stay positive and keep up your self-care practices, whatever method you choose. Take care, Simone. Sending you lots of healing thoughts.

Gill said...

Sorry to hear you are still battling with the menstrual probs Simone. I hope it all comes right soon as it can really wear you down.

I hope all goes smoothly re: Ireland. If and when we ever decide to emigrate it would probably be to Ireland too. Keep us posted about how it goes, I'm really interested.