Sunday, October 28, 2007

Food Cravings

I feel like my whole focus on food and my life is passing me by. But then if I give into my life will pass me by.
I don't want to be feeling sick all the time.Once these craving pass my health should get better and I can live life to the fullest.


Having said that, I am busy typing this and sipping coffee after 10 days of nada. Well I have drunk it half way - now I am going to throw it away.

So is this another caterpillar cocoon experience? Trapped until I eat the right things so that I can enter the peaceful state of being in the cocoon and emerging a butterfly. Or will I eat the wrong this go into a vegetative state and coming out moth and die a powdery death.

Craving (tanha)
The definition

"There are these three cravings. Which three? Craving for sensuality, craving for becoming, craving for non-becoming. These are the three cravings."

§ 58. {Iti 3.9; Iti 50}


This was said by the Blessed One, said by the Arahant, so I have heard: "There are these three cravings. Which three? Craving for sensuality, craving for becoming, craving for non-becoming. These are the three cravings."

Bound with the bondage of craving,
their minds smitten
with becoming & non-,
they are bound with the bondage of Mara —
people with no safety from bondage,
beings going through the wandering-on,
headed for birth & death.

While those who've abandoned craving,
free from the craving for becoming & non-,
reaching the ending of fermentations,
though in the world,
have gone beyond.

How do you get through cravings? Have you tried any of these methods?

Foodcraving: understanding body signals, MSN Women

5 Minute Craving Busters, About.com

Post a Comment