Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I sewed !!!!

Ruth Wrote:

I am such an enabler, I really can’t help myself. When I met Simone at the beginning of the year she was knitting scarves, since then she’s made two hats and I’m currently helping her knit socks. (I’m not a knitting pusher really). In keeping with the crafty theme, yesterday Simone came over and used a sewing machine for the first time:

She’s making a Christmas table cloth - on the window in the background is my design wall (currently unused). I’ll make a quilter out of her yet. he he he, poor girl won’t know what hit her…

I didn’t get any sewing done, but that’s ok because I got to knit. I frogged Simone’s sock and reknit the heel for her so that she could have another go at turning it. For me making the first sock was just about following the pattern, but Simone is managing dpns, following a pattern and shaping for the first time. Her sock is looking great, it’s just taking us a few false starts to get the

No comments: