Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Humor

Have you ever remembered a situation in your life that
was very intense and serious at the time? Now when reflect on
it you just burst into laughter.

I remember getting lost in the USA with two kids in my car seat.
Lucky they both fell asleep. I was so scared to ask for help.
When I finally plucked up the courage then I couldn't find anyone.
Eventually I found my way back home. When I told my host dad what
had happened he said that it was excellent that I got lost - now
I knew the place better. I thought he was crazy.
He was right
Now I find myself repeating his words to other people.

When I do get lost it brings a smile to my face - remembering my
host dad and his wise words.



"Good humor is tonic for the mind and body. It is the
best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business
asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human
burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and
contentment."
--Grenville Kleiser

No comments: