Friday, November 06, 2009

Suffering

Argh I am feeling a bit hopeless today its been a bad few days and I finally have an answer to what's wrong with me but the prognosis is not that positive. Meniere's Disease.

The episodes are getting worse instead of better and I am wondering if I am not bringing them on because I am feeling stressed and guilty about it. Finding it hard to think rationally. And trying to to escape into a book or anything else does not quite work because the attacks get so bad I cannot even lay down and read.

Its so surreal.

3 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Simone, I know two women who siffered from Meniere's and lived perfectly normal lives. They did have episodes and they did have to lie down til it passed. It's similar to vertigo, isn't it. The doctor may have something for you to take to lessen the symptoms. a low-salt or salt-free diet and no caffeine or alcohol may help. "Patients are often prescribed a mild diuretic (sometimes vitamin B6)" from Wikipedia.

Meniere's Disease said...

Hi Simone,

I help run a Meniere's helpsite. Really look at your lifetsyle and diet. BY that I mean, alcohol, smoking and stress are huge triggers for Meniere's symptoms. A diet full of FRESH veggies and fruits and low on salt, sugar, saturated fats and msg can help greatly over time

Ruth's Place said...

I'm late catching up with your news. Sorry to hear about the Meniere's. On the upside, now you know what is wrong, you can start to address it.

Skype me if you want to chat.