Tuesday, September 01, 2009

My yellow Story

HEADs: YELLOW
Growing up, we looked forward to Christmas, not just our presents but our Christmas outfit for church. That would become our main church clothes for the following year. One Christmas I got a yellow dress, with yellow sandals, yellow hairbands and a yellow bag. I loved the bag. By the end of the following year I had had enough of yellow for years to come. I can gladly say that I have made peace with the colour yellow and have to yellow tops in my wardrobe.


Wearing Yellow - Cheerful and Happy

Yellow is the perfect color to wear whenever your spirits needs an uplift.

Yellow carries the same healing qualities associated with the sun. It offers warmth, optimism, and light. All shades of yellows and golds will cheer you up and help make you feel happier. Wearing yellow out into the world makes an affirmation statement. For certain, yellow is a perky color!

Realize no single color is entirely "off-limits" due to your coloring. It often depends on the hue, color make-up and so on of the garment. You might look horrible in a mustard but radiant in a pastel yellow, for instance.

Psychology Yellow
It is associated with the intellectual side of the mind, and the expression of thoughts. It therefore aids the powers of discernment and dis-crimination, memory and clear thinking, decision making and good judgment. It also helps good organization, assimilation of new ideas, and the ability to see different points of view. It builds self-confidence and encourages an optimistic attitude. Conversely, dull yellow can be the colour of fear


How to use yellow in colour therapy

11 comments:

anthonynorth said...

I once had a yellow shirt, but I'm afraid that's as much yellow as I've ever worn. You ended this post nicely with the psychology assessment.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Yellow is not my favourite colour because I often feel the colour overwhelms me! I am not very tall! But i love your photos and explanations!

i beati said...

interesting. I read last week that yellow cause anger sometimes if people are left in a yellow room??

Rinkly Rimes said...

I used to belong to an entertainment group called the Lemon Drops. We all wore yellow and I must say it made me feel happy.

Hootin Anni said...

I didn't know that about when you WEAR yellow that it lifts your spirits. Cool info.

And yellow sandals...yessirree!!!!


My HoT is now posted. If you'd like to stop by for a visit, you'll read about Texas's Yellow Rose!!

The Yellow Rose of Texas

Anna said...

I had a pair of bright yellow pants when I was a teenager. I loved those pants! I have a couple yellow tops now, but really don't wear much yellow. It's a really cheery color - probably good for gray days of winter.

Calico Crazy said...

I've never found a shade of yellow that really looks good on me, if I did I would wear it. I'm just glad my daughter looks good in so many shades of yellow, I buy yellow clothes for her whenever I get the chance.

Calico Contemplations

Karen said...

How very interesting! I love yellow because it is a cheerful color.

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I do not like yellow unless it is paired with purple. Great explaining! Thanks!

Tumblewords: said...

Informative and fun. I've never worn yellow but sometimes I have a craving for something/anything yellow. Nice post!

Dentists Hythe said...

Yellow color concept presented nicely with great fashion theme and classic concepts.