Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What does the future hold for me?

As the time draws nearer for my move to Ireland I find myself tentatively dreaming about what may be. Up until now I have tried to remain focused on work here and getting rid of my stuff.

Now most of our is gone. We are basically camping in our apartment. Still have losts to do for work - my stomach is in knots just thinking about it. But there is a little more time for daydreaming.

The house we are moving into is basically furnished and the couple who we are renting from has given us first choice on some of the stuff they are selling. We are buying most of what they are offering. Its given us a sense that we improving our living standards.

I have made contact with the Stitch & Bitch group in Belfast via Swap-bot. Looked at some possible causes like Digital Photography I could take up. The library is in walking distance from my new home - YAY.

Considering walking my daughter school everyday 2.2km, hope we can - prbably need to be ready to walk in the rain often.

Our main focus as a family is eat more healthily and all lose weight. I don't want to presume what our new schedule. We need to make sure that we design our lifestyle to support healthy living and ensure we can maintain when i do start working again. I have never really seen myself as a stay-at-home mom and when I did I always pictured myself being very busy with charity work. Its going to be a whole new experience and I am really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On Sunday I had to say good-bye to a friend who left for NZ ... FOR GOOD!!! It was very difficult!

All the best with your plans and arrangements. At least, because of technology, I don't have to say good-bye to you!!!