Thursday, June 05, 2008

Inner Peace Leads Outer Peace



The question that comes up time and time again is why bother. What difference can putting a picture on a blog make. I feel that what is important is the fact that we are no remaining indifferent. We are recosgnising and acknowledge a need.It first must be conceived as a thought and then it can become a reality. Participating in making and sharing my globe is part of the dream, it is part of creating.

Enjoy reading this poem.

Feel at Peace

Embrace the wonder that you are,

With a forgiving, respectful love

Have faith in your strength to persevere

As you lay your head to rest each night

Be still in the darkness

Wait in peace and listen

Trust and believe

All you desire is on its way

Awake with a smile

Greeting a new day

Feel the love and gratitude within

For this feeling is like no other

Treat yourself with compassion, reverence and empathy

Spread your wings

Fly free like a butterfly

Share kindness with the powerful energy of your "wing wake"

And may the light of your spirit

Shine upon the path of another

So they too may feel at peace

It’s so wonderful to finally feel at peace

by Tina Marie from Health Home and Harmony

4 comments:

Gill said...

Would you believe that I completely forgot about the blogblast for peace!! :-( Love your peace globe and the poem!

Irishcoda said...

What a beautiful post and yes, it's amazing how we can make a difference by just a simple act. Peace to you and your family!

carmilevy said...

Such wisdom in this work, Simone: I wish everyone around us would take the time to learn and appreciate these words. It would sure make the world a happier place.

Thanks for popping by my blog for this week's Thematic Photographic. What's next week's theme? Good question...I've been mulling it over ever since you asked! Do you have any suggestions? I'm all ears!

Mimi Lenox said...

I love the way you write so honestly. And the poem is just perfect. We are creating the thought, yes....and hopefully moving in a direction of dialogue and understanding. As I've read the posts across the globe since BlogBlast ended, I'm amazed at the power of the words that have been written. You are the 320th post I've read. Well done.

Thank you for blogging for peace today. I pray that we did make a difference and continue to do so.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi