Thursday, June 25, 2009

Audley castle/Window Views





Window Views

Hosted by Mary : http://windowviews2.blogspot.com/



We went geocaching in this area. unfortunately we did not find the cache even with the use of the GPS on my husband's phone. It also starting raining so I feet in particular got really wet and uncomfortable.
But we had a nice drive, stopped off for hot drinks and scones at Paddy's Barn on our way home, we saw another part of Northern Ireland and I got my Window views - so a good Sunday Afternoon out.

Wikipedia:
Audley's Castle, is a 15th century castle located 1 mile (1.6km) north-east of Strangford, County Down, Northern Ireland, on a rocky height overlooking Strangford Lough.[1] It is a three-storey Tower house named after its 16th century owner, John Audley.[2] Audley's Castle tower house and bawn is a State Care Historic Monument in the townland of Castleward, in Down District Council area

5 comments:

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

/envy

What an adventure.. and the shots are great! I love your sense of balance!

MaR said...

How interesting, I love castles!!
Mar

ellen b. said...

Very cool window views. What a fun place to go geocaching...

maryt/theteach said...

Simone, thanks so much for showing me my ancestral country. My grandfather was born in Northern Ireland and the rest of my grandparents were born in the Republic! Great Window views shots! :)

James said...

geocaching? fun! even though you didn't find the cache, the castle and sights should have been worth the trip...