Thursday, October 29, 2009
The lights on the water is actually a reflection of the lights inside the Eiffel Tower room
Views through the the Eiffel Tower Windows
Lunch at McDonalds - next to the Louvre.
My friend Ruth and her daughter Lydia - can you see me - I am the one with the camera - LOL.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
What's the first thing you think when you think about France, or Japan, or Colombia?
Here's a list of States/Countries of the world: for each one, you have to write a list of words (at least three) that remind you of that Country. For example: France --> Eiffel Tower, fois gras, Sarkozy, Mont Saint Michel, champagne...
- Afghanistan - The Taliban, Dry, War, Mainly Islamic population.
"Many of the famous Persian poets of the tenth to fifteenth centuries stem from Khorasan where is now known as Afghanistan. They were mostly also scholars in many disciplines like languages, natural sciences, medicine, religion and astronomy."
- Argentina - Soccer, Maradona, World Cup
- Australia - Kangaroo's, Sydney, Koala Bears
- Austria- Prussian Dynasty, Bismark, World War I
- Brazil - Sun, Fun, dancing, Festivals
- California - Beaches, Beverly Hills, Movies
- Cameroon - Caused an upset at the World Cup soccer, African country, Colourful
- China - Lots of people, Great Wall, rice
- Cuba - cigars, Havana, Boxing
- Denmark - Hans Christian Anderson, Michael Learns to Rock, Butter cookies
- Egypt - Spinx, Bible stories of Joseph etc..., The river Nile
- Ethiopia - poverty, coffee, the saying many mothers use "Finish your food, don't you know there are starving children in Ethiopia"
- Finland - Sauna and ice swimming, Mika Hakkinen (Formula 1 World Champion),Kimi Raikonen (the Iceman from Finland -Formula One)
- France - Eiffel Tower, Love - Je taime, River Sein
- Germany - War, World Cup Soccer Champions, Berlin Wall, Precision, Micael Schumacher, Beer Gardens
- Greece - White and Blue houses, Mamma Mia, Mythology, Olympics
- Haiti - French speaking, Haitian Vodou, the Haitian in the series Heroes
- India - Ghandi, Ganges, British Occupation, Tea plantations, Cricket, Curry, roti and Breyani 9my favourite food)
- Ireland - Rain/green landscapes, St Patrick, Irish Coffee, Great music groups like Cranberries, U2, Enya, The Corrs, Boyzone etc.
- Italy - Pisa, Pizza, Pasta
- Jamaica - Rum, Vibrancy, Cool Runnings, Bob sleigh, beaches
- Japan - large economy, WWII, Hiroshima and nagaski Atomic bombings, Red, the Sun
- Madagascar - the movie LOL,
- Maine - Seafood, Moose, Blueberries, Pine trees, rugged coastline
- Mexico - spicy food,
- Morocco - Belly dance, Diverse culture and food influences part of Europe and part of Africa
- Netherlands - Holland's red light district, Dikes, Windmills, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, clogs and Tulips
- New York - Fred Astaire , Broadway, Statue of Liberty, Central park, Sex & City, Twin Towers, Time Square
- Romania - Moldavi, Dracula, Common Joke: Where are you going this holiday? To remain here.
- Russia - Ballet, Csar, Communism, Stalin, Kremlin, Anastia
- Spain - Bull Fighting, The line from the movie My Fair lady "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain",
- Texas - Lance Armstrong, Dallas Cowboys, Stetson, Oil
- Turkey - Belly Dancing, Coffee, Turkish Delight (Sweet)
- Ukraine - was part of the Soviet Union, Joseph Conrad, Milla Jovovich
- United Kingdom - Colonisation, The Pound, Big Ben, Princess Diana, underground
- Vatican City - Rome, Catholic, the Pope
Thursday, October 15, 2009
I leave for Paris this afternoon. I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited.
Be back very late Tuesday night.
Hopefully have tons of photos to share.
I will turn 34 years old this weekend. Going to the Palace of Versailles on my birthday.
Unbelievable. It is finally happening.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
I say ... and you think ... ?
- My treat :: I will pay
- Bell :: flowers, ringing
- Five :: O clock - tea
- You’re crazy! :: No way
- Disgust :: what is disgusting for some is not for others. be careful how you use the word, lest you offend.
- Tempest :: Storm
- Bummer :: too bad
- Brim :: Spectacles, full glass
- Hose :: nuisance
- Lollipop :: Song ,
Sunday, October 04, 2009
I say ... and you think ... ?
- Yacht :: rich and priviledged
- Paula :: Abdul (the singer)
- Delete :: computer button
- Auto :: matic, mechanic
- Obsolete :: computer parts
- Dedicated :: committed
- Old :: School (a way of thinking)
- Convince :: win me over
- Poster :: Child (an example or representative of a cause)
- Erase :: rubber, thank goodness this can be done because we all make mistakes