Friday, April 24, 2009

Heart Drop

Have you ever experienced your heart sinking when you here name of someone you dislike or are in conflict (directly or indirectly). A literal feeling of your heart dropping.

I have. And then I realised that I giving this person too much power over my life. But the question now is how do I take back control. I am now smiling at myself. I have been here before. I can't believe how I can caught in the same cycle of behaviour over and over again but I do. get caught up in the storm of stuff and before I realise it I am making the same mistakes I have made in the past. The good though is that I am better and quicker at recognising this and I am not putting myself down and carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders anymore. I can take ownership of my mistakes, stop and re-evaluate my situation and position and now I can take steps to correct what I can, let go of what I can't and move on with the business of living.

As I am writing this I feel a calm and peace. Thank you Lord.

I am not sure what you need to do to take back control. Sometimes its as simple as recognising that you are who are and the choice of your emotions and actions lie with you. Know one can make you do you or feel anything - that choice is yours.
Sometimes its more difficult and you need to work through various layers. The most important thing to remember is that it is possible, don't give up and don't give in.

2 comments:

ChefDruck said...

I think that it sounds like you are well on your way to regaining control. Recognizing the pattern is an important first step!

Mark | Toronto Condos said...

I had the similar feelings due to some persons who were very close to me. Then some situation created and they were my worst. It is really very difficult to handle all that, especially there presence somewhere when me and they are invited. Then a few good people leaned forward and support me to get out of this situation. Now I don't care rest of the world. I let them live their life in their own way and let me live my way.