Friday, June 15, 2007

Blogging Story Carnival

Inquiring Minds Want to Know: Your Blogging Story Carnival

Visit Chili if you want to participant or find other participants.

How did you start blogging?

Introduced to blogging by my husband. I have always kept a diary or a journal off and on. I thought an online journal could be more useful getting feedback from others and that I would be more regular and committed in writing.

What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?

I closed my first to two blogs. The first one achieved its purpose and was veering off course, then second just backfired. I started this blog as a creative outlet, hobby, means of clarify my thoughts and feelings, sharing with family and friends. I pretty happy with the way this blog is developing.

From CRITIQUE MY BLOG

"Regular and down to earth is the feel of this blog as Simone blogs about her life and times and everything in between. Side bar is formatted with all the right bells and whistles and content is well written."

Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?

Not really. I have approached this blog with a broad focus. Several themes have remained constant.

What do you know now that you wish you’d known when you started?

That is a hard question to answer. Even the things I did wrong taught me so much, I would not change anything of

Do you make money with your blog?

No

Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?

Yes. They never leave comments on my blog.

What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger

Being involved with a meme like Wordless Wednesdays brings more meaning traffic to your blog.
Don't just bookmark interesting blogs and sites, have a back up.

2 comments:

Alana said...

Hi Simone, Thanks for visiting my blog! I had a chance to look your over as well. I'm very intrigued that you are from South Africa!

Gledwood said...

I've never quite figured out what a "meme" is ... like a kind of trend thing like that peace-day post thing..? I suppose. Well nobody tells me anything!
I tried to get Critique my blog to criticize me and they never have done! Or if they did they never got in touch!
Oh well. I'm here having hopped via various friends of friends ... come by mine if you like:
I am at gledwood2.blogspot you're most welcome any time!
All the best
from
Gledwood
"vol 2" ...