Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Le Fleur

Click on the picture to see other participants or instructions to play along.

Its Heads this week and the topic is Flowers.

"Inside every man lives the seed of a flower
If he looks within he finds beauty and power"
Read Poem Here


My maiden surname is Le Fleur. In French this can be intepreted to The Flower or Male Flower.
As a teen I like the later intepretation.

This causes me to reflect on my thoughts and actions in relationships. After I turned 13 I discovered that my mom had been married before, my dad adopted my older brother and sister from her first marriage. A year later my parents got divorced. In the community I grew up in there were a lot of teenage pregnancies and I witness a lot of broken relationships. I determined that no guy would ever hurt me. At the same time I really enjoyed the excitement of a new relationship. I decided I would date for the fun of it and as soon as it was no longer fun or I though the guy was going to hurt/dump me I would move on. And that is exactly what I did from age 14 to 17. The year I was 17 going on 18, I had a really serious relationship that turned my thinking and my life around. Unfortunately that relationship did not work out but it taught me a lot. I became more aware of the other person's feeling and less self-centred.

I guess I am a different flower now - no longer a bud but a woman in full bloom.

mmmmm..... Think I will do a Blogthings quiz - have not done one in a while.....




You Are A Lily



You are a nurturer and all around natural therapist.

People see you as their rock. And they are able to depend on you.

You are a soothing influence. You can make people feel better with a few words.

Your caring has more of an impact than even you realize.



Funny I carried Lilies down aisle.






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know which couple of flowers I would like to be, but I will have to go and check it out.

Anonymous said...

i too have the same thinking. i am a woman in bloom.

you can view my flowers here!

Shadow said...

that's a lovely story of your life.

Susan Demeter said...

What a lovely last name :) Great HOT day entry!

Barb said...

I am a Lily, too!

I think we all live and learn.. sometimes it's not always easy, but we do.

This post makes me think of the song The Rose. :)

Juliana RW said...

ah...interest quiz for flower theme :D

Thanks for drop at my HOT post.

ShannonW said...

I took the quiz and I am A Lily

"You are a nurturer and all around natural therapist. People see you as their rock. And they are able to depend on you. You are a soothing influence. You can make people feel better with a few words. Your caring has more of an impact than even you realize."

I love your name!

Smalltown RN said...

what a great story...and I like how you say a woman in bloom...I like that very much....

Gill said...

What a lovely surname. I really enjoyed this post.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful metaphor describing your life. I took the quiz, and it said I'm a daisy. I do like daisies :)

Inspiration Alley said...

I think life changes all of us and we grow with experience. I really enjoyed reading your post and your take on the theme.